Friday, July 15, 2011

pallets - and their many uses

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

I don't know if you have noticed but it is already MID-JULY, this blows my mind but simply means that summer must be taken advantage of immediately. And as life is I will be spending my weekend in the library studying Economics. Yuck. 
But a girl can dream of back alley, creative adventures of building and sunshine.

Now, if you happen down any alley behind big stores you are bound to find some pallets, right? Unfortunately they are usually broken or dirty. These lucky folk however have found some that they turned into really useful things. (please keep in mind that pallets are usually made of bad wood and that is why you usually see them broken... Here are 3 beautiful uses:

#1 - The Couch Bed



#2 - The Planter

#3 - The Coffee Table (on wheels)


If you search PALLET on PINTEREST you will find these and many more amazing ideas. 
And if you know where to find nice pallets, Let US Know!!

7 comments:

Amy {Polkadot Pear} said...

Thanks for the inspiration! Now I will be on the hunt for pallets : )

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Now that is one of the most creative things i've seen all day! Found you on Remodelholic.

I would love for you to link it up at my weekend Link Party, Once Upon a Weekend. Today is my first-ever party, and I am so hoping someone will participate! :)

Here's the link if you're interested:
http://familyeverafter.blogspot.com/p/link-party.html

Also, if you have a list of favorite link parties, I'd love to be included on Fridays. Thanks a ton!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

These are so cool. I'm loving that coffee table!

Warmly, Michelle

SV said...

These are great images and great ideas for pallets. Thanks for the inspiration! Stopping by from Homemaker on a Dime.

Carmella said...

I am in love with the idea of using pallets in creative ways...thanks so much for giving me some great ideas!

Delightful Deets said...

Thank you for sharing! My husband just picked me up some and I'm always looking for cute ideas to spruce them up!
www.modernwivelyhood.blogspot.com

Molly said...

I found another great site that talks about this that I thought you would all appreciate!
http://diycraftyprojects.com/2012/03/70-pallet-craft-projects-collection-2.html
Check it out! and my other posts!