Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Book Review - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Series


Remember writing book reviews/outlines in Elementary and Junior High School? Making silly presentations like would be movie posters? (I think I did Holes before the movie actually came out). I'm going to try this again without giving anything away.

 The series by Stieg Larsson has been popular for a while and there is already a Swedish film out on it (with subtitles) but the Americanized version is in the works. I thought that the first book took a while to get into which surprised me considering I had such high expectations of it. The reading is fast though, by using simple structure and word choice overall and I did love the books. Be prepared for a bit of graphics but also a gripping mystery-type story. Taking place in Sweden it, follows the life of a strange girl who winds up in many different situations where she must fight against authority and 'the norm. 



No comments: