Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Baking Powder and Sunscreen

My freezer has been collecting bananas gone brown for a while now so I put my free time to good use and made some wonderful Banana Bread (click link for recipe - its easy to make and you don't need any big cooking mixers). It is very chocolaty so cutting down on chips wouldn't be terrible. The biggest lesson from the evening was that baking powder (which I didn't have at my apartment) wasn't really needed at all. The loaf still rose and tastes great. Ps. warm up pieces in the microwave for optimum flavor goodness.

picture from the blog: Dinner with Julie
Being both pasty and have a history of melanoma on both sides of my family made this new video on SUNSCREEN really hit close to home and I hope it makes an impact on your life and that you will pass it on. On the same topic is a video by Baz Lurhman called Everybody's Free (to wear sunscreen) which I have memorized and which lululemon has stolen many lessons from for their 'slogans'.

No comments: